The next Know Your Housing Rights workshop will take place on 21st March at 11am. Our workshops are free and always will be, so come join us!
The Know Your Housing Rights workshop will take place on Monday, 21st March in partnership with Southwark Law Centre.
We will host the workshop on Monday, 21st March, at 11 am, St. Giles Centre, 81 Camberwell Church Street, SE5 8RB. The session will aim to cover:
- what documents does the landlord/estate agent need to give the tenant at the start of my tenancy and what are the tenants’ rights if they do not take these steps;
- how/when can the landlord/estate agent increase the rent;
- when can the landlord/estate agent evict the tenant if the tenant is in rent arrears and what defence; might the tenant have?
- in what circumstances can the landlord evict the tenant without needing any reason?
- where can the tenant find out more about their housing rights and get legal assistance?
And much more!
The workshop is free and interactive, and will include an Q&A session. Please note that the event is only for tenants who rent privately in Southwark or plan to do so in the near future. This means that the advice will not be suitable for anyone renting their property from the Council or Housing Association.
The map to the event can be found here
All of our workshops are free and always will be.